For millennia, humans have followed their passion and aspired to do and be better than before. For some, it takes a drop of motivation and inspiration to get the ball rolling. Dave Kerpen, at www.inc.com, compiled a list of 15 inspiring quotes about passion. Kerpen (2014) suggests, “Passion is the energy that keeps us going, that keeps us filled with meaning and happiness and excitement and anticipation. Additionally, passion is a powerful force in accomplishing anything you set your mind to and in experiencing work and life to the fullest extent possible. Ultimately, passion is the driving force behind success and happiness that allows us all to live better lives (Kerpen, 2014). Braden Thompson, at lifehack.org, has several more great points about passion. Thompson (2017) suggests passion is a strong desire that can get you to do amazing things. Furthermore, passion is an emotion to be acted upon. Without action, passion yields no worthwhile results. Passion is the fuel in the fire of action. When you have passion for something, you love it even when you hate it (Thompson, 2017). Kerpen shares quotes with his team. These quotes may inspire you! They may inspire those you share them with as well. Here are a few from Kerpen’s list.
- “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
- “There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.” -Benjamin Franklin
- “Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate.” – Jon Bon Jovi
- “You can’t fake passion.” – Barbara Corcoran
- “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.” -Steve Jobs
- “Yes, in all my research, the greatest leaders looked inward and were able to tell a good story with authenticity and passion.” – Deepak Chopra
- “If you feel like there’s something out there that you’re supposed to be doing, if you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it.” – Wanda Skyes
- “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” – Mia Hamm
Karpen shares a link to his 2015 collection of 365 quotes he used to motivate his team. Follow his link to the power of quotes on his site. He has divided them into various themes such as Listening, Authenticity, Teamwork, Adaptability, Humility, Persistence, Strength & Courage, Leadership and so many more. One section or just one quote may inspire you today to achieve greatness that is in you! Dr. Sherrie Carter who writes for Psychology Today and in her article she proposes to achieve great things, you need passion. Carter (2013) states, “those who have been lucky enough to recognize and pursue their passion(s) do not really care if they are being paid to do it or not. It is a part of their purpose, their calling in life and without it, something is missing.”
She continues by saying that you need to make the commitment to find time and opportunities to begin and pursue your passion. It is not easy to carve out the time; however, it is worth the effort. Furthermore, she explains it is important to remember that passion requires fuel to grow and one of the best ways to get that fuel is to share it with others. “Just like a plant needs water, your passion needs to be nurtured a little bit every day in order for it to grow to the point where it becomes obvious to you and the rest of the world” (Carter, 2013).
The question asked, “Why join an association like ILEA or any other similar groups?” The answer is simple. Are you looking for results? Being around like-minded business professionals may be the fuel needed to propel your passion. You may be just starting or you could be in a rut! You may need only water or may need a higher octane to push forward and provide energy. No matter your passion or grade of fuel needed, others are available to share experiences and fill your tank with energy. Are you ready to share your passion? Do you think you could motivate others? I would love to hear about your passion, experience and thoughts, about what would take you to the next level. Share your thoughts here or with me, any ILEA member or attendees at our next meeting. A drop of motivational or inspirational fuel is closer than you think. You can find more quotes to get you motivated at www.brainyquote.com. #myilea, #myileasa